Made with Moxie: Getting Happy

February 28, 2014

Getting Happy

Hey, all,

It's Friday! Hoorah! Our house has been running 24/7 lately. We work all day, have family dinner and bed time, then my husband and I go back to work until midnight. Jimmy likes to climb into our bed in the middle of the night. Thankfully we went to Ikea a few weeks ago and bought ourselves a king sized bed. It's a luxury, but with an additional body (or two) in our bed, it buys us more room to sleep.

It's been one of those weeks where I can't decide if I want it to hurry along or slooooow down. I always look forward to Fridays because it means the weekend is here and we can all be together. But the arrival of *this* Friday means that it is one week until Perfect Pattern Parcel launches! Have you signed up for the newsletter? Do you want to be the first to know? GAK! (waves arms like Kermit the Frog) It's almost here. Rachael, Danny and I are really psyched. Like super psyched. Start the countdown clock, friends, it is almost here and you're going to be floored.

This morning was a bit of craziness. Despite my chipper, go get 'em, attitude, the kids were real grouches. I was perusing my newsfeed when I happened upon Lacy of Living on Love's newest post. She a momma of two with a third on the way any day now. She's been doing a project all year called Living on Love Project. This month she's working on the fact that she is *not* a morning person. But she knows her mood sets the stage for the rest of the family and their day. So she's working on Waking Up Happy. In her post she shared a music video. I wasn't about to let two grummy kiddos set the mood for the day so I took charge!



It took three playings of the song to get both kids dancing with me. When the kids were smaller we used to always have Dorsey Dance Parties. I'm officially bringing them back! We danced to Happy only 8 times. We were sweaty, being creative with our movements and laughing. Friday has been saved. Thank you, Lacy!

Getting Happy: Don't let other people's moods set the tone for you day! Dance it out!

I need your help. I need to build up my Dorsey Dance Party playlist. What's your favorite (mostly kid friendly) dance song that makes you happy? Mine is Me and Julio by Paul Simon and Bamboleo by the Gypsy Kings. Help me out!

Now go dance! Get happy!